Jun21

Cutting your Hair according to the Lunar Phase can help it grow Faster and Healthier

moon lunar phases

In my culture it is believed that cutting your hair according to the lunar phase can help it grow longer and quicker or slow down the process. The lunar phase goes through many stages from the new moon to the full moon, but the four mentioned below are the ones to take heed of if you plan on letting your hair grow or just want to improve the condition of your strands:

New Moon: It is advisable that you do NOT cut your hair during this lunar phase. It is in the most harmful stage, any cut during this period will worsen the condition of your locks.

Crescent Moon: A crescent is a thin sliver of light that forms a shape similar to a banana. It is the stage between the new moon and half moon. This is the BEST time to cut your hair IF you want your hair to grow longer and quicker. It’s recommended one day before this stage or the day of to cut your ends ONLY. On the day of you will see best results if you cut your hair anywhere from 12 noon until 6:00 pm, due to the rising of the moon, thus increasing lunar attraction.

Gibbous Moon: Almost full, about 3/4. If you have a new short style and want to keep it that length it is best to cut your hair during this time. However, if you want your hair to grow longer and faster during this phase the hair will NOT grow, it will SLOW down the process. If you enjoy having long beautiful hair do NOT cut your hair during this stage. This is the stage most of us AVOID.

Full Moon: This moon phase is favorable for those who have dry, damaged, or coarse hair, since it will help the hair grow healthily. It should be cut the day before this stage or the day of from 6:00 am until 12 noon or in the evening from 6:00 pm until midnight. This phase will improve the texture, but it will NOT help the hair grow fast.

Of course, this is seen as a superstition, but Latina women tend to have beautiful hair for a reason (and I’m giving our secrets away!). Please do a search for lunar phase calendars on the desired month and day you plan to cut your hair for optimal results. This may or may not be true, but my mother and grandmother swear by it! And of course, I’m keeping tradition.

XOXO

-LR

Crescent Moon (waxing): This is the BEST time to cut your hair if you want your hair to grow longer faster.

THESE ARE THE DATES FOR CRESCENT MOON IN 2015:

• JULY 6, 7, 8, 9
  • AUGUST 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
  • SEPTEMBER 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
  • OCTOBER 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
  • NOVEMBER 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
  • DECEMBER 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

DISCLAIMER: Please note that this is known to be a SUPERSTITION and does NOT guarantee hair growth. However, it has worked for me, and many people swear by cutting their hair according to the lunar phases and getting the results they want. Feel free to do more research on this.

Share URL:

46 Comments at the moment »

1. lalkuza Says:

Written on November 27, 2013 at 6:07 am

it’s true, i always wait to cut my hair on the growing moon – it does make a difference, your mom and grannie are right.

2. FashAddiX Says:

Written on November 27, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Thx Lalkuza!! :)

3. Annie Says:

Written on January 14, 2014 at 11:45 pm

In NYC, the full moon is scheduled to happen at 11:32 PM on the night of January 15. So when should I get my trim to help it gain thickness — it’s already long, but I want more thickness??

4. FashAddiX Says:

Written on January 15, 2014 at 8:40 pm

You can cut it tomorrow the 16th it will still be a full moon. It should be cut the day before this stage or the day of from 6:00 am until 12 noon or in the evening from 6:00 pm until midnight.

5. Mary Lou Says:

Written on February 4, 2014 at 11:34 pm

2-4-2014…HI…My hair is short & Hi lighted
    , I would like it to stay short, & grow slower.when should I trim it & hi light it next….
    Thank You for your time & attention.
    Mary Lou

6. FashAddiX Says:

Written on February 6, 2014 at 12:59 am

8. Ebbonie Says:

Written on February 27, 2014 at 12:41 am

Great site! I have a challenging time reading the moon calendar can you tell me when is the next time and date when I should cut my hair to grow long and quick thank you?

9. FashAddiX Says:

Written on February 28, 2014 at 1:07 am

Hi E, March 3-6 or March 25-28

10. Megan Says:

Written on May 22, 2014 at 8:18 am

I want my hair to grow FAST! When is the next time in May to cut my hair to make it GROW!

11. FashAddiX Says:

Written on May 24, 2014 at 1:54 am

Megan, on May 23-26 or on June 1, 2, 3, 4, 21, 22, 23, 24. Get a trim or you can snip less than one-quarter of an inch of your hair yourself.

12. Desi Says:

Written on June 26, 2014 at 5:56 am

Hi so glad I found this site. today6/25/14,I wanted to clip my ends but did’t.can you please tell me when in july or august when should I Clip off my dead ends.i want to see growth….thanking u in advance..Ms Trini>>

13. FashAddiX Says:

Written on June 26, 2014 at 7:33 am

Here are the dates for the remainder of the year 2014 for CRESCENT MOON:

CUTTING YOUR HAIR DURING THESE DATES WILL CAUSE RAPID GROWTH:
    JULY 1, 2, 3, 21, 22, 23, 24, 29, 30, & 31
    AUGUST 1, 27, 28, 29, 30, & 31
    SEPTEMBER 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 26, 27, 28, & 29
    OCTOBER 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28, & 29
    NOVEMBER 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 24, 25, 26, & 27
    DECEMBER 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, & 26

14. FashAddiX Says:

Written on June 26, 2014 at 7:34 am

And BTW Ladies, this works! My hair has grown so much longer since I’ve tried this. Call me superstitious, but I’m a believer!

15. Desi Says:

Written on June 26, 2014 at 7:56 am

so those days are best to clip or cut ends? I should I also see growth..thanks a million

16. FashAddiX Says:

Written on June 26, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Yes. And you don’t have to cut much, 1/4 of an inch will do.

17. Paula Says:

Written on July 13, 2014 at 8:34 am

So I thought the new moon was for new growth..full moon for thicker hair…

18. FashAddiX Says:

Written on July 14, 2014 at 4:42 am

Hello Paula, I’ve read many articles in English that contradict what I stated on my posting, but I’m going by what us Latinos believe in, in terms of the lunar phase, and by what my mom and grandma told me (am keeping tradition). I feel tempted to post an old pic of them, they had LONG beautiful hair. Last year, I chopped off my hair (I love changing my look often). But I have to admit, since cutting my ends during the crescent moon, my hair looks healthier and seems to be growing faster. Of course, like I said, it is superstition, but I like to see to believe, and I’m seeing results! :)

19. Samantha Says:

Written on July 15, 2014 at 10:12 am

So are the dates you posted (the remaining 2014 days) good to trim ends for hair growth?

20. FashAddiX Says:

Written on July 15, 2014 at 6:42 pm

@Samantha, yes.

21. Jojo Says:

Written on August 3, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Thanks for posting this!

22. FashAddiX Says:

Written on August 3, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Sure! :)

23. angelina Says:

Written on August 4, 2014 at 4:36 am

When is crescent moon in aug,sept,oct

24. FashAddiX Says:

Written on August 4, 2014 at 5:16 am

Hi Angelina, it’s stated above.

25. vanesza Says:

Written on September 7, 2014 at 11:26 am

Hi! I’m a Leo. Will trimming my hair September 27th, result in faster hair growth?

26. FashAddiX Says:

Written on September 7, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Yes, Vanesza.

27. Petra Says:

Written on September 24, 2014 at 10:40 am

Hi, great site! I have an Indian friend with very long and healthy hair. I asked her about the secret she told me that her mom used to cut her hair when the moon is new and before it becomes full.

-I am Aries, can I cut my hair on 27th Sep, 2014?
    -When can I color my hair?
    -What happens if I cut my hair when the moon is born?

28. Maria Says:

Written on October 5, 2014 at 3:48 am

Hi, I’m a cancer survivor. I’ve tried shaving my head to get my
    Hair to grow fuller and thicker and longer. When’s a good month and date for me to cut or trim or shave, the fine hair I have left. I was born June 1, 1956..Thank You i

29. FashAddiX Says:

Written on October 5, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Ladies, please read the article, it will answer your questions. If you want to cut your hair and would like to see “rapid growth” please refer back to my 7th comment where I shared those dates for the remainder of the year.

30. Vicky Says:

Written on October 12, 2014 at 6:44 am

Thank you for posting the dates….my hair has always been thin and hard to grow. I am going to try this next week.

31. Cristy Says:

Written on November 6, 2014 at 7:03 am

Hi, so out of all the days of one month that is posted above, do I only pick one day? And do I cut it every month on those days listed above or do I skip a month or two? My cousin cut my hair buy the lunar phase on a crescent moon and yes it works my hair is getting longer. I have thin hair and it’s hard for it to grow at all. But my cousin also has a good hand. She cuts my nieces hair also and her hair is super long to her waist. Thank you!!!

32. FashAddiX Says:

Written on November 6, 2014 at 8:16 am

Hi Cristy. Whenever you cut your hair. If you cut your hair 3x’s out of the year, make sure it falls on the lunar phase of your choice pending on the results you’d like to see.

33. Cristy Says:

Written on November 11, 2014 at 12:05 am

Hello,
    I was wondering when you will be posting next yrs. lunar calendar, for the dates of when we should cut our hair.

34. FashAddiX Says:

Written on November 11, 2014 at 6:37 am

I will do so soon.

35. shweta Says:

Written on November 29, 2014 at 11:58 pm

Hi…my name is shweta…i want to make my hair grow faster…what is the next date for haircut?

36. FashAddiX Says:

Written on November 30, 2014 at 12:21 am

Shweta it’s in the comment section for Dec. I will post the dates for 2015 soon.

37. Anonymous Says:

Written on December 8, 2014 at 12:24 am

My hair growth is slow…really wanna try..plz post dates for jan n feb too

38. FashAddiX Says:

Written on December 11, 2014 at 3:25 am

Crescent Moon (waxing): This is the BEST time to cut your hair if you want your hair to grow longer faster.
    These are the dates for 2015:

•JULY 6, 7, 8, 9
    •AUGUST 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
    •SEPTEMBER 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
    •OCTOBER 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
    •NOVEMBER 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
    •DECEMBER 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

DISCLAIMER: Please note that this is known to be a SUPERSTITION, and does NOT guarantee hair growth. However, it has worked for me, and many people swear by cutting their hair according to the lunar phases and getting the results they want. Feel free to do more research on this.

39. Tia Says:

Written on December 14, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Someone told me New moon. I’m confused now.

40. FashAddiX Says:

Written on December 14, 2014 at 10:42 pm

@Tia, day after New Moon, which would be Waxing Crescent.

41. FashAddiX Says:

Written on December 14, 2014 at 10:55 pm

Ladies, I think people say during the New Moon is the best time to cut your hair because Waxing Crescent is the day after. I’ve never tried cutting my hair during the New Moon, I only do it on Waxing Crescent. Another interesting fact, when my grandmother cuts her plants during this lunar phase they grow abundantly and beautifully too! That’s what made me get into this and believe her in the first place.

42. madhu Says:

Written on December 16, 2014 at 6:14 am

Vry intresting article,but i am staying in malaysia and wat will be the time here as time eV zone differs,tried to find time correct but its complicated.

I needvthicker and longer hair and i hv too straight and thin hair.

43. madhu Says:

Written on December 16, 2014 at 6:15 am

Also,i recently cut my hair on 14th dec,hw will tht impact,wat if i jus cut few strands on the given date,will tht help.

44. Tia Says:

Written on December 16, 2014 at 8:41 am

OK so does astrological signs affect this in any way? I was all so told to make sure I cut or trim on water or earth signs

45. FashAddiX Says:

Written on December 16, 2014 at 8:24 pm

@Madhu Moon phases are the same worldwide, but you won’t be able to see it if in a different time zone. This article explains it better: http://museumvictoria.com.au/planetarium/discoverycentre/faqs/moon-phases-on-other-side-of-earth/

You will need to look at a moon calendar in your location for exact timing.

@Tia, People say it is better to do this during the New Moon or when the moon falls on a water sign. It may be. Again, I do what I know and what works for me. You will need to do research and delve deeper.

46. FashAddiX Says:

Written on December 17, 2014 at 2:26 am

Ladies, I found this article at LS that states, “Faster Growth:
    The stylists at HairBoutique.com say that trimming or cutting your hair when the moon is just entering a New Moon phase will perpetuate hair growth. During the two weeks of this WAXING New Moon phase, the body is replenishing its resources, expending less energy and striving to obtain its optimal health peak. Hair growth is accelerated during this time, especially when the moon is in the astrological house of the earth signs Capricorn or Taurus or in the water signs Pisces, Cancer or Scorpio.” You can refer to it here: http://www.livestrong.com/article/279219-hair-growth-moon-phases/

PS: Don’t forget, next week Dec.23-26th is a good time to trim the hair if you want to see growth. It falls under Capricorn (earth sign). Just a reminder.

RSS feed for comments on this post. · TrackBack URL