Jun21

Cutting your Hair according to the Lunar Phase can help it grow Faster and Healthier

moon lunar phases

In my culture it is believed that cutting your hair according to the lunar phase can help grow it longer and quicker or slow down the process. The lunar phase goes through many stages from the new moon to the full moon, but the four mentioned below are the ones to take heed of if you plan on letting your hair grow or just want to improve the condition of your strands:

New Moon: It is advisable that you do NOT cut your hair during this lunar phase. It is in the most harmful stage, any cut during this period will worsen the condition of your locks.

Crescent Moon: A crescent is a thin sliver of light that forms a shape similar to a banana. It is the stage between the new moon and half moon. This is the BEST time to cut your hair IF you want your hair to grow longer and quicker. It’s recommended one day before this stage or the day of to cut your ends ONLY. On the day of you will see best results if you cut your hair anywhere from 12 noon until 6:00 pm, due to the rising of the moon, thus increasing lunar attraction.

Gibbous Moon: Almost full, about 3/4. If you have a new short style and want to keep it that length it is best to cut your hair during this time. However, if you want your hair to grow longer and faster during this phase the hair will NOT grow, it will SLOW down the process. If you enjoy having long beautiful hair do NOT cut your hair during this stage. This is the stage most of us AVOID.

Full Moon: This moon phase is favorable for those who have dry, damaged, or coarse hair, since it will help the hair grow healthily. It should be cut the day before this stage or the day of from 6:00 am until 12 noon or in the evening from 6:00 pm until midnight. This phase will improve the texture, but it will NOT help the hair grow fast.

Of course, this is seen as a superstition, but Latina women tend to have beautiful hair for a reason (and I’m giving our secrets away!). Please do a search for lunar phase calendars on the desired month and day you plan to cut your hair for optimal results. This may or may not be true, but my mother and grandmother swear by it! And of course, I’m keeping the tradition.

XOXO

-LR

Share URL:

20 Comments at the moment »

1. lalkuza Says:

Written on November 27, 2013 at 6:07 am

it’s true, i always wait to cut my hair on the growing moon – it does make a difference, your mom and grannie are right.

2. FashAddiX Says:

Written on November 27, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Thx Lalkuza!! :)

3. Annie Says:

Written on January 14, 2014 at 11:45 pm

In NYC, the full moon is scheduled to happen at 11:32 PM on the night of January 15. So when should I get my trim to help it gain thickness — it’s already long, but I want more thickness??

4. FashAddiX Says:

Written on January 15, 2014 at 8:40 pm

You can cut it tomorrow the 16th it will still be a full moon. It should be cut the day before this stage or the day of from 6:00 am until 12 noon or in the evening from 6:00 pm until midnight.

5. Mary Lou Says:

Written on February 4, 2014 at 11:34 pm

2-4-2014…HI…My hair is short & Hi lighted
    , I would like it to stay short, & grow slower.when should I trim it & hi light it next….
    Thank You for your time & attention.
    Mary Lou

6. FashAddiX Says:

Written on February 6, 2014 at 12:59 am

8. Ebbonie Says:

Written on February 27, 2014 at 12:41 am

Great site! I have a challenging time reading the moon calendar can you tell me when is the next time and date when I should cut my hair to grow long and quick thank you?

9. FashAddiX Says:

Written on February 28, 2014 at 1:07 am

Hi E, March 3-6 or March 25-28

10. Megan Says:

Written on May 22, 2014 at 8:18 am

I want my hair to grow FAST! When is the next time in May to cut my hair to make it GROW!

11. FashAddiX Says:

Written on May 24, 2014 at 1:54 am

Megan, on May 23-26 or on June 1, 2, 3, 4, 21, 22, 23, 24. Get a trim or you can snip less than one-quarter of an inch of your hair yourself.

12. Desi Says:

Written on June 26, 2014 at 5:56 am

Hi so glad I found this site. today6/25/14,I wanted to clip my ends but did’t.can you please tell me when in july or august when should I Clip off my dead ends.i want to see growth….thanking u in advance..Ms Trini>>

13. FashAddiX Says:

Written on June 26, 2014 at 7:33 am

Here are the dates for the remainder of the year 2014:

JULY 1, 2, 3, 21, 22, 23, 24, 29, 30, & 31
    AUGUST 1, 27, 28, 29, 30, & 31
    SEPTEMBER 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 26, 27, 28, & 29
    OCTOBER 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28, & 29
    NOVEMBER 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 24, 25, 26, & 27
    DECEMBER 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, & 26

14. FashAddiX Says:

Written on June 26, 2014 at 7:34 am

And BTW Ladies, this works! My hair has grown so much longer since I’ve tried this. Call me superstitious, but I’m a believer!

15. Desi Says:

Written on June 26, 2014 at 7:56 am

so those days are best to clip or cut ends? I should I also see growth..thanks a million

16. FashAddiX Says:

Written on June 26, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Yes. And you don’t have to cut much, 1/4 of an inch will do.

17. Paula Says:

Written on July 13, 2014 at 8:34 am

So I thought the new moon was for new growth..full moon for thicker hair…

18. FashAddiX Says:

Written on July 14, 2014 at 4:42 am

Hello Paula, I’ve read many articles in English that contradict what I stated in my posting, but I’m going by what us Latinos believe in, in terms of the lunar phase, and by what my mom and grandma told me (am keeping tradition!). I feel tempted to post an old pic of them, they had LONG beautiful hair. Last year, I chopped my hair off (I love changing my look often). But I have to admit, since cutting my ends during the crescent moon, my hair looks healthier and seems to be growing faster. Of course, like I said, it is superstitions, but I like to see to believe, and I’m seeing results! :)

19. Samantha Says:

Written on July 15, 2014 at 10:12 am

So are the dates you posted (the remaining 2014 days) good to trim ends for hair growth?

20. FashAddiX Says: