May10

Unilever being Sued for their Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit Product

It seems Unilever is now face to face with a class action suit for falsely advertising their Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit product under the Suave brand. Suave’s “at home alternative” kit advertises that it will act as a smoothing keratin treatment when in fact it has done more damage to consumers than any good to their strands. Law firms, Wasserman, Comden, Casselman & Esensten, LLP in Los Angeles has taken the case and Christiansen Davis Bullock, LLC  based in Dallas, Texas. They found that this product also contains Tetrasodium EDTA and DMDM Hydantoin (a chemical that releases formaldehyde, a human carcinogen that can cause cancer). Moreover, this smoothing kit has another ingredient, thioglycolic acid, used in depilatories. Thioglycolic acid can also irritate and burn the skin. We will keep you updated on this action lawsuit and hope that Unilever will recompense these women as they rightfully deserve for being mislead into thinking they would get beautiful hair in 30 days, but instead they lost most of their hair in less than 30 minutes.

UPDATE: Unilever/Suave has DISCONTINUED this product, as stated on their website.

Share URL:

83 Comments at the moment »

1. Ann S Says:

Written on May 10, 2012 at 8:28 pm

No, thank YOU, Lily!!! I can’t tell you how refreshing it is to find someone like you with the integrity and loyalty to their readers to put their audience above all! You are one of the few who allowed me to post unfavorable information and links about this product to help me warn others! I guarantee that yours and your readers’ comments this month about this product spared many other women the trauma, pain, and humiliation (not to mention hundreds of dollars for repairs) of losing their hair due to this dangerous product! I think I speak for many when I say, YOU and FashAddiX ROCK! Many thanks, and all the best!
    -Ann (http://tinyurl.com/suave-Hell-FB)

2. LR Says:

Written on May 11, 2012 at 1:43 am

Done. Thanks! And no problem. As writers, our obligation is to be as honest as possible with the general public.

3. Meri Says:

Written on May 17, 2012 at 9:53 pm

wow thanks for this post i was about to buy it today … thats so crazy!!!

4. mike a Says:

Written on June 1, 2012 at 5:39 am

This was the best product I ever used on my hair! it is for WHITE hair and NOT ethnic. My hair has never been softer shinier or more manageable. what a shame. It is selling on ebay for 3x the original price I bought 3!

5. Lety Says:

Written on June 5, 2012 at 7:11 am

I actually used it twice and my hair came out great. I was shocked when I saw it off the shelves. I did some research and discovered there was a recall and the lawsuit. I still use the other products in the line. I followed the directions as printed on the sheet did not notice anything wrong. I accidently used it 30 days later not the three months it suggested (my own fault) and still did not have any problems. I even waited the 14 days it suggested to dye my hair and still no problems and I have naturally dark Hispanic wavy hair. I feel bad that others had a bad experience. After reading all the outcomes it has made me a little leary in buying the product again.

6. Rose dandaro Says:

Written on June 5, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Maybe you re the lucky one that don’t got the wrong formula on it, something is very wrong with this stuff!

7. Rose dandaro Says:

Written on June 5, 2012 at 10:52 pm

I agree with you! Thank you for your blog, it helps woment to avoid it and allow the others to vent our frustration and disappointment!

8. Net Says:

Written on June 10, 2012 at 8:07 pm

I am Afican American. I used the product on my daughter’s hair and it did a wonderful job. I was shock to find out that I finally found something I could afford and did a great job on her hair. Now the product is not available. I did my research and read all the warnings. There wasn’t any deception that I looked at in the product. I did manage to find a web site that hadn’t removed it from its stock and ordered 2. After I received them they didn’t have them anymore. Well all I know is that is worked for me. Better then a perm/relaxer. I use all of the other products for the suave keratine line and love them. I hope they come back with the kit new and improved with the same ingredients.

9. Edna Says:

Written on June 18, 2012 at 4:19 am

I used this product 6 months after a keratin treatment at a salon. The hair that had previously had keratin started to fall off. It was like melted gum. Even now, 2 months after some heavy constant conditioning, I had to cut off 9″ in order to be able to look half decent. I will probably need to cut another 3″ in a coupple of months as if grows.
    Wish I had known about this before I bought it. Now I dont even think I will get compensated because who keeps their receipts for so long after. Sucks !

10. Jessi Says:

Written on June 20, 2012 at 7:52 pm

This was an amazing product it’s a shame some people can’t follow instructions so the rest of us miss out….

11. Tera Says:

Written on June 21, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Your an idiot Jessi some of us did follow instructions it just didn’t work! They wouldn’t be recalling it if there wasn’t a problem

12. m dugas Says:

Written on June 23, 2012 at 4:44 am

If it didn’t work then DON’T buy it again! Leave it for the ones who it DID work on. There is a risk with ANY hair product with chemicals in it on the market. Any permanent or hair color out there comes with risks. Not EVERYONE uses the same product or there would only be one on the shelves. Some work for some and others work for others. jezzz

13. jean Says:

Written on June 26, 2012 at 1:05 am

i used the sauve kreatin that i had bought 3 months ago, did not know about the recall, if i did i wouldn’t have used it. i have shoulder length hair & it fried it to a 1/4in to my scalp. i know have to have it all cut off.. been in the house for 3 days straight.. very bad product!!!

14. Keely Says:

Written on July 2, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Is this just for the 30 day treatment kit or the entire shampoo line? I didn’t know theRe was an issue and just bought the shampoo and conditioner. Should I not use it?

15. Katrina Says:

Written on July 8, 2012 at 10:24 am

I LOVED this product! I was actually reallysurprised when I went to buy it to use it today for a second time and found out it was discontinued. Ended up buying Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy which is SO much more work and it doesn’t seem like the results will be as good. How disappointing.

16. Stacy Says:

Written on July 9, 2012 at 10:07 pm

I used just the shampoo maybe 3 times with my usual deep condtioner. At first I though it was because I had colored my hair but I never had it dry And THIN out my hair like this!!!I am afraid of more fallout. I am NEVER using another Suave hair product. I cannot even find my reciept to take it back. From now on no more bargain brands.Total crap! It will take a year for my shoulder lenght hair to grow out. Now I will probably cut it short. I wish I had read the google reviews. I’m not usually a drama queen about cosmetic products but this has me beside myself and fuming.

17. Suzanne M Light Says:

Written on July 19, 2012 at 7:30 am

Help it has been 4 months for my hair and it continues to break off and is fried. It seems like it is getting worse not better. I have spent over $2000 and yet I am still struggling. No one is responding to my letters Unilever, Suave or Kroeger.
    I tried to join a class action lawsuit with Wasserman, Comden, Casselman & Esensten but they have not contacted me back yet either. The $12 is not sufficient and my current professional stylist believes it will be at least another year before my hair is back to normal if ever. I can not afford this!! Is there any hope we will get some resolve from the company. Please someone help!! This is truly a nightmare and not only has it ruined my hair but my personal life, my professional life and my personal well-being have all been severely compromised.
    Any information that you might have regarding where I might go next would be greatly appreciated.

18. ML Frey Says:

Written on July 23, 2012 at 9:18 pm

This product has ruined my hair! I used to have very thick curly hair. It’s been months since I used this kit & my hair is still falling out. My stylist suggested my hair could use more protein along with leave-in conditioner so, I’m using Redken extreme CAT protein spray. It has helped but, I can’t imagine what it would be like without it. My hair is still severely damaged & has stopped growing. I wish I’d known about the warnings before I used this kit!

19. Mandie Says:

Written on July 25, 2012 at 1:36 am

Suave Keratin 30 day gave me no problems whatsoever concerning damage to my hair. i have extremely sensitive folicles being a natural redhead, and a sensitive dandruff prone scalp. the only issue i had with it was that it didn’t last very long. now i have to waste money at an overpriced salon just to make my hair look nice for a month because people either dont do their research or read instructions and want to make money off that.

20. Kim Says:

Written on July 25, 2012 at 8:35 am

Hi, I have been dealing with the bad results for 4 months now. Just wondering which leave in conditioner and protein shampoo you’re using. THanks!

21. Victoria Says:

Written on July 26, 2012 at 10:42 pm

I too used it and ruined my hair…I was contacted by the law firm..try again they were very nice

22. Samantha Says:

Written on July 27, 2012 at 4:52 am

Not necessarily. I am fully Caucasian and have naturally wavy hair. I followed the directions exactly as they were, yet it still fried my hair. My shiny waves are now dry, frizzy and lay straight with a weird kink. WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY. :(

23. melissa chenevert Says:

Written on August 3, 2012 at 7:27 pm

if there is a lawsuit please tell me how to join my hair is runied and im getting married in december please help

24. Anonymous Says:

Written on August 5, 2012 at 2:50 am

There is a Facebook support group for people who’ve had problems with this product. It should be linked from my ‘name’ above this comment. I see it’s also linked to at the end of Ann’s comment, the first comment on this page.

The law firm handling the lawsuit can be contacted by clicking on the link ‘Wasserman, Comden, Casselman & Esensten, LLP’ in the original post.

Keely – The problems are with the Suave Keratin Infusion 30-Day Smoothing Kit specifically. There are also shampoos/conditioners with the Suave Keratin Infusion brand, intended to be complementary to the results of the kit, that apparently are okay and are still being sold.

25. virginia davis Says:

Written on August 5, 2012 at 7:08 am

I agree this is an amazing product for a fraction of the costs of a keratin treatment a a salon. I was very pleased with the results

26. Roberta Says:

Written on August 8, 2012 at 3:59 am

The same thing happened to me!!! I went from having gorgeous curly hair to this funny kinked up mess that always looks like I have not brushed my hair in a week .

27. Suzanne Says:

Written on August 9, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Christiansen Davis Bullock, LLP is a Dallas law firm currently investigating alleged false, deceptive, and misleading claims made by Unilever in connection with the company’s marketing of purported “Formaldehyde Free” Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit. We believe Unilever may have failed to inform consumers that the Product contains chemicals that are mainly synthesized from formaldehyde or formaldehyde releasers. Formaldehyde has been classified as a known human carcinogen (cancer-causing substance) by the International Agency for Research on Cancer and as a probable human carcinogen by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. We also believe Unilever may have failed to warn consumers that use of the product could lead to hair loss or extreme damage to hair.
    If you have purchased any of the Products and/or are unsatisfied with the advertised results, we would like to visit with you as part of our investigation. Please contact to let us know by visiting our website at http://cdbfirm.com/class-action-suave-professionals-keratin-infusion-30-day-smoothing-kit/.

28. julie Says:

Written on August 19, 2012 at 4:53 pm

I LOVED the product. Sad to see if off the shelves. I used it twice, no issues. I get the treatment done in the salons but the at home kit was great. sad to see it go.

29. ML Frey Says:

Written on August 20, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Kim, I have been using a 3 step system called Nutri-OX that you can find at Sally’s. I also alternate between a restorative mask & hydrating mask called one ‘n only Argon Oil, also available at Sally’s. I’m not an employee of Sally’s, I just took some advice. I’m also taking Hair essentials supplements I ordered on line at Naturalwellbeing.com. My hair is slowly recovering however, I still am losing strands daily. My hair was really thick before this whole Sauve disaster. Good luck!

30. Wendy Says:

Written on August 24, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Wish I had seen this article before I bought it, used it, and had to cut off my extremely long hair to about a chin length bob JUST to get the horrible, dry, split, disgusting hair off of my head.

My hair was healthy, very long, undamaged, and even had very few split ends. It was beachy with natural waves and curls and I only used this product because my hair is naturally very frizzy and I wanted to tame the frizz.

Even used as directed, my hair was destroyed root to tip from one treatment and now 90 days later and 12″ of hair shorter, I am STILL trying to undo the permanent damage to my hair and scalp.

My self esteem is pretty damaged, too because I used to get compliments pretty frequently from random women who would say “Oh my! Such pretty hair! Did you do it yourself?” (ie: the color) and “How did you grow it so long without it being stringy/split/dry? I’ve tried so hard and mine won’t grow that long without breaking off”

I used to be able to confidently tell women to NEVER blow dry their hair (and I don’t) and let it wet-dry overnight, never use alcohol products, never get straightening or perming, and make sure to use Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, and Shea Butter to moisturize and VOILA! Nice, long hair.

Now I get NO compliments on my hair at all and the style/length is very plain and unflattering (because I had to chop so much off randomly to remove the damage and avoid coloring since that time).

I wish I could march into their offices and tell them that they owe me 100x the price I paid for their awful product and even that wouldn’t be enough to make up for years of growing and caring for my hair only to have it destroyed in less than 30 minutes.

31. Wendy Says:

Written on August 24, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Guess what? I’m White and it destroyed my previously healthy, long hair. You should think twice before recommending it to “White” women. I’m of a German and Austrian ethnicity and it doesn’t get much more “white” than that (I don’t mean that offensively to anyone, just trying to counter this person’s comment)and it is clearly also a bad product for “white” hair.

32. Wendy Says:

Written on August 24, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Sorry, but what a bitch you are. I’ve colored, cut, and styled my own hair and the hair of other women since I was about 13 years old. I know how to use at-home products and know how to highlight, lowlight, and care for hair.

I tried this product ONLY to remove frizz in my naturally curly/wavy and very thick, very long hair and it destroyed it 100%.

Some of us DID read the instructions and DID do it correctly and STILL ended up losing all of our hair and the fact that you got lucky doesn’t make up for those of us that ended up with disgusting hair because of this product. In all sincerity I’m glad this didn’t happen to you, but the rest of us are pretty upset that we did what the product said to do…..and still ended up with bad hair AND low self-esteem AND bills much higher than yours just to REPAIR our damage.

Think before you speak.

33. Yolanda Fernandez Says:

Written on August 26, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Help me please sue these people for damaging my hair

34. Yolanda Fernandez Says:

Written on August 26, 2012 at 12:35 pm

This product damaged my hair, I thought with a name like Suave how can I go wrong. The nightmare was on me. Thank God I noticed something was going Wong so I attempted to wash it out quick ,however I still suffered some damage. Please help me join the class action law suit I saved the box and the left over product. No one deserved to have to have gone through this so please advise me. Thank You

35. April Says:

Written on August 27, 2012 at 6:10 am

Wow. I almost used this product when it first came out. I don’t have extreme frizz but I get some flyaways and my hair isn’t as smooth as I would like. I thought I could use it and not have to flat iron. After reading the instructions I thought it sounded too complicated and time consuming so I returned it to the store and I’m so thankful I did. My hair falls past my shoulders and it’s taking forever to grow it out. I would have been so mad if I had used this and needed to cut my hair off. Good luck to all those involved in the lawsuit, I wish you the best.

36. Suzanne Says:

Written on August 31, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Christiansen Davis Bullock, LLC is a Dallas law firm currently investigating alleged false, deceptive, and misleading claims made by Unilever in connection with the company’s marketing of purported “Formaldehyde Free” Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit. We believe Unilever may have failed to inform consumers that the Product contains chemicals that are mainly synthesized from formaldehyde or formaldehyde releasers. Formaldehyde has been classified as a known human carcinogen (cancer-causing substance) by the International Agency for Research on Cancer and as a probable human carcinogen by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. We also believe Unilever may have failed to warn consumers that use of the product could lead to hair loss or extreme damage to hair.

37. Samantha Kira Says:

Written on September 3, 2012 at 12:47 am

If people were to do their research they would know that keratin is kinda if not almost the same as relaxers because it’s chemicals and is basically for people with kinky and knappy hair like mine because im half black and half white. White people who naturally have long and straight hair arent suppose to use it because their hair is already manageable and long and basically can just be flat ironed and theyre okay. So I don’t get why people are getting mad. It worked perfectly for my hair truthfully. And I’m upset cuz now I have to pay 80-100 dollars to get keratin in my hair. So thanks to the high class people who had to cut their hair boo freaking hoo ! My hair barely grow..

38. Samantha Kira Says:

Written on September 3, 2012 at 12:53 am

You are my hero ! I know exactly what you mean ! People need to learn how to read. Like keratin and relaxers are basically the same and now I have to waste my money because people are idiots. It worke perfectly for me and I’m multiracial. Like boo hoo you had to cut your long hair . Maybe if you would read and did some research they wouldn’t have had to done that. Smh

39. juju Says:

Written on September 3, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Can’t we all just get along? why are some of you blaming the victims? I came here in search of reviews of the shampoo. I can’t believe how viciously you are attacking one another rather than having each others backs.

We need to accept our hair! You never see men do this to other men!!!!

40. Stacy Says:

Written on September 8, 2012 at 6:38 pm

I feel the same- sad it’s gone! I have curly, frizzy hair, and living in Florida I always have to pull it up. I used this treatment and it was finally under control! I got so many compliments, and my self esteem went way up! I’m sorry if some people had a bad experience, but perhaps they didn’t take the “is it right for you” quiz or something. All I know is after more than 90 days, as I am ready to do it again, I can’t. Welcome back ponytails, as I can’t afford the salon treatments. It only takes one bad apple…..

41. Janet Says:

Written on September 11, 2012 at 6:22 am

My hair has not been normal since I used this product May 17,2012!!!. hair dry, expecially the ends, like a broom, lifeless, and is falling out !!! I now have a receding hair line !!! I see no change in 4 months !!! I could cry !!! Is there a class action suit??????

42. Bridget Says:

Written on September 21, 2012 at 12:11 am

I am sorry to all of you who had to cut off your hair after using this product. But I loved it. After I used it all I had to do was brush and blow dry my hair then I was done doing my hair.

43. Suzanne Says:

Written on September 21, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Christiansen Davis Bullock, LLC is a Dallas law firm which has filed a suit on behalf of consumer’s injured by Suave’s Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit seeking damages for personal injuries to consumers by this product. As detailed in the Complaint, the product caused the women severe and possibly permanent damage to their hair, including hair loss to the point of visible bald spots, severe breakage, discoloration and even burning of the scalp. The Complaint also states that this product claimed to be Keratin-based and formaldehyde free, suggesting to consumers it was free of dangerous chemicals. CDB understands that, in fact, the product’s primary active ingredient is a chemical that straightens and damages hair. What little Keratin the product contains has little to do with the product’s efficacy. The product also uses a formaldehyde releasing compound despite its claim to be formaldehyde free.

44. s Says:

Written on September 24, 2012 at 5:39 am

Anyone who used this product and then wants to sure due to hair damage is an IDIOT! It clearly states who should not use it! Anyone who has colored, bleached, relaxed, permed, or otherwise done any chemical treatment on their hair SHOULD NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! It is a keratin infused relaxer! “Oh I used it and it melted my hair and made my hair fall out. By the way, myhair is bleached.” Duh morons. I have used it on my non chemically treated hair and loved it! As a matter of fact, I went out of my way to actually find another one that was still on the shelves to use again in the future because I loved the results so much.

45. s Says:

Written on September 24, 2012 at 5:46 am

Oh and as a matter of fact, my daughter just used the kit she brought several months ago and her hair came out incredibly gorgeous! And she has very resistant, baby fine curly hair!

46. Strickland Says:

Written on September 26, 2012 at 11:15 am

Really?!? Keratin and relaxers are not the same. Keratin is a protien relaxers are chemical. No where near the same thing. Be grateful if it worked for you. Some of us did everything right and still got horrific results.

47. Sherri Pressley Says:

Written on September 27, 2012 at 6:06 am

I am white and used this product almost eight months ago and my hair is still fried. Very dry and split ends everywhere and constatly breaks off. Don’t think my hair will every be the same.

48. Louise Says:

Written on September 28, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I have had frizzy really thick curly hair since I was around 10 years old. I used to hate it and I have tried loads of products so I could look like everyone else. I feel really sorry for people that have had such bad experiences with this product. I think we should get to the heart of the matter though, in that why are we all wanting to look like everyone else? I love my hair now, its part of who I am and I am proud to have natural frizzy curly hair. Perhaps we all need to try to be a bit more ‘natural’ and accepting that we are all different rather than all walk around looking ‘cloned’. So girls, try to make the best of what you were born with and fashion will change to that ‘natural look’ again. In some high-end fashion mags, I’ve seen countless photos of women’s hairstyles which are huge and frizzy. I’m not saying to go to that extreme but, once I have a little girl, I’m going to make her feel confident and self assured enough to run around as she was naturally blessed and be strong enough to deal with other jealous bullys. Bring back frizzy hair!!! x

49. Jeanie Marley Says:

Written on September 29, 2012 at 8:23 pm

I am sorry I ever put this on my hair. Thought it would help the frizzys with the humidity here in Florida. I wish I knew how to start a lawsuit with this compan. Everytime I look at my hair I get upset all over again.

50. Big Momma Says:

Written on October 1, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Just so you know… keratin is not a chemical like a relaxer. Your hair is made of keratin. Keratin products are supposed to replenish the keratin so your hair is smooth again and not kinky.

51. LR Says:

Written on October 1, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Hello Big Momma, thank you. I asked my hair stylist and she said the same thing as you. She says that keratin treatments are supposed to serve as protein not as a relaxer to your hair.

52. Nicole Says:

Written on October 1, 2012 at 9:21 pm

I used this product in august of 2012. I live in the south and have terribly frizzy hair. I have to say after I used the 30 day smoothing kit I just knew that God had answered my prayers I can finally go out doors and feel as confident as I did before the humidity hit my frizzy hair. this product worked great for me my hair is virgin right now though after many years as a bleach blonde I am back natural… But after reading all these post both good and bad ones I am scared to use my second box ( i too bought as many as I could when I saw the amazing results) and word of advice for second time users???

53. joanne Says:

Written on October 5, 2012 at 1:55 am

I used the shampoo. Until I heard about all of this I didnt connect it up. Every time I used a curling iron it smelled like burning hair even tho on lowest setting. (never had this problem before) Thought it was curling iron bought new one and still happened. This all makes perfect sense now. A ton of my hear is breaking off and getting very thin. Ridiculous that they put products out like this. Unforutunately my hair grows very slow too!

54. joanne Says:

Written on October 5, 2012 at 1:56 am

I so understand I feel the same way.

55. Houston Texas Says:

Written on October 9, 2012 at 8:11 pm

The Weaver Law Firm in Houston, Texas has happily represented an individual opposite of Unilever for damages caused by professionals Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit. The law firm can be reached at 713-572-4900.

56. Ash Says:

Written on October 14, 2012 at 2:57 am

I usually buy the organix keratin therapy treatment but thought I would try suave out…terrible mistake. I’m sorry it destroyed your hair but I knew something was off when I got a whiff of this stuff. Then my hair started to break like spaghetti. I washed it out immediatley and used organix again to fix that. This is terrible that they would do this. Don’t put this crap in your hair, I don’t think its meant for hair at all…more for preserving dead animals maybe, but not hair.

57. Suzanne Says:

Written on October 22, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Christiansen Davis Bullock, LLC is a Dallas law firm which has filed a suit on behalf of consumer’s injured by Suave’s Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit on behalf of approximately 30 women so far. The lawsuit is seeking damages for personal injuries to consumers by this product. As detailed in the Complaint, the product caused the women severe and possibly permanent damage to their hair, including hair loss to the point of visible bald spots, severe breakage, discoloration and even burning of the scalp. The Complaint also states that this product claimed to be Keratin-based and formaldehyde free, suggesting to consumers it was free of dangerous chemicals. CDB understands that, in fact, the product’s primary active ingredient is a chemical that straightens and damages hair. What little Keratin the product contains has little to do with the product’s efficacy. The product also uses a formaldehyde releasing compound despite its claim to be formaldehyde free.

58. Robin Says:

Written on December 6, 2012 at 5:14 am

Have you ever considered writing an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs?
    I have a blog based upon on the same ideas you discuss and would really like to have you share
    some stories/information. I know my subscribers would enjoy your work.
    If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e-mail.

59. LR Says:

Written on December 6, 2012 at 6:55 am

Thx Robin, that’s my next step! ;)

60. Tiffaney Says:

Written on December 20, 2012 at 10:26 am

I used this treatment and it worked wonders on my hair. I am very disappointed that it was discontinued.

61. Dawn Says:

Written on December 28, 2012 at 3:21 am

I used this product twice with great results. HOWEVER I had no idea that this stuff was being recalled. I went to get more and finally found it at CVS only when I went to pay it said can’t sell being recalled. It did lighten the color of my hair but everyone liked it. I don’t agree with the ladies that said we should be able to use it if it works. I would never use this again knowing that my hair could be badly damaged. I could have been lucky the 1st two times. I fight frizz anyway I don’t need to add to my problems. Does anyone have better solutions that they’ve tried and liked?

62. Mindy Says:

Written on January 4, 2013 at 2:04 am

Apparently the Suave Keratine shampoo and conditioner are no better. I used this for 3 months and my hair was nothing more then a sticky clumpy fried mess. After about a month i noticed it falling out in large CLUMPS. I just cut off about 6 inches and need to go back and have the resr cut off because it so damaged. So with that said there is a serious issue apparently with Sauve and their ingredients on the keratine line.

63. Melanie Says:

Written on February 10, 2013 at 5:24 pm

I did NOT use the treatment you all did, but rather just used the shampoo and conditioner, and my hair is falling out in handfuls! I’ve been using it less than 2 months, and just made the connection that THIS is whats causing my recent hair loss. I am horrified and dont know what to do! Obviously i stopped using the product, but how much longer can i expect to see this hair loss??? My scalp hurts! And the hair seems to be coming out at the root (as opposed to breaking off). Someone please help me–what do i do to save the hair i have left??? Sauve needs to pull these products too!

64. LR Says:

Written on February 10, 2013 at 5:38 pm

We’ve been receiving a lot of comments about the shampoo and conditioner of this collection being as damaging. I’m astounded that the SUAVE company is still selling some of these products. To my knowledge, there are two law firms taking legal action, you may want to get in touch with them.

65. Heather Says:

Written on March 11, 2013 at 3:11 am

I used this product last April. I followed the instructions to the fullest. I am caucasian/Italian. I HAD very thick, very long, naturally curly hair. I waited two months to color my hair because of the damage that was done. I do not blow dry, curl or use a flat iron on my hair. Each month my hair gets worse. When I finally colored my hair, my problem got worse! I am 42 years old. My roots are gray. My hair was dark brown, now it is light brown, orange color with parts that feel like shampoo won’t rinse out. When I comb it it falls out in clumps. My hair was past my shoulders. It is now by my ears! Every day when I wash it, can’t in the shower anymore, I lean over the tub, I have to empty my hair catcher 3 times during, to get the water to drain. Tthe pieces that are left behind are all different length from 1/4 inch-inch to 3/4″. Everyone has different hair. Not everyone will have the same outcome. My scalp wasn’t damaged because I immediately put a mixture of baking soda, water, apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil and olive oil on my scalp with a root touch up bottle. The weirdest thing is my hair doesn’t seem to be growing. I have dealt with this since using this product. My hair was like a Brillo pad that repelled water before using. Now it is slimy and takes forever to dry. My hairdresser said she had never seen hair as badly damaged as mine in all her 15 years of cutting hair. My curls have never returned:-( Worst $10 I ever spent in my life!

66. LR Says:

Written on March 11, 2013 at 8:22 am

Sorry to hear, Heather!

67. kelly Says:

Written on March 18, 2013 at 7:07 pm

I am having hair loss with the shampoo and conditioner just like you guys. I could not figure out why I had big balls of hair in my brush or why chucks of hair weere coming out. I started thinking this all started happening when I started using the Keratin infused shampoo and conditioner. I was skeptical in my thought because it is simple shampoo and conditioner- no warnings, not a treatment.. but when I googled hair loss Suave keratin infusion shampoo and conditioner I was amazed at all the other women having the same problem. I am praying that the hair loss stops with the change in shampoo but I am so afraid.

68. WCCE Says:

Written on March 21, 2013 at 10:23 pm

What this product has done to women nationwide is horrible!! Nobody even knows if their hair will ever be the same again. I know that the firm of Wasserman, Comden, Casselman & Esensten has done a great job as the attorneys for women who have had their hair and scalp damaged from using this product. The firm is seeking damages for people nationwide who used the Suave Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit and their hair fell out, burned their scalp and became dry/frizzy. I know the firm is working very hard and is constantly keeping people in the loop on this case. You can contact the firm at (818) 705-6800

69. Linda Says:

Written on March 28, 2013 at 8:11 pm

The suave Keratin Treatment completely damaged my hair! I have cut it all off… I’m just lucky it’s growing back ok…..thinner — but, better than it was…..not to mention all the expenses occurred because of there horrible product! in trying to get my hair back to somewhat normal!!?? I can’t blow dry it– it still just frizzes after 7 months!! I wish every executive, director and sales & marketing person responsible for putting this product on the market and making such false claims — used it on their own hair!!!!

70. LR Says:

Written on March 29, 2013 at 12:12 am

Sorry to hear, Linda! My cousin used this product, lost a lot of her hair too. She did do an organic keratin treatment at a professional salon and her hair looks better. She also uses organic coconut oil on her strands almost daily. Huge difference. Good luck, and hang in there!

71. VivianD says Says:

Written on July 23, 2013 at 12:26 am

Christiansen Davis Bullock, LLC is a Dallas law firm currently investigating the Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit, which was recalled by the manufacturer when numerous women reported damage to the their hair after application of the product. We believe Unilever may have failed to warn consumers that use of the product could lead to hair loss or extreme damage to hair.
    If you have purchased the product and/or are unsatisfied with the advertised results, we would like to visit with you as part of our investigation. Please contact us by visiting our website at http://cdbfirm.com/class-action-suave-professionals-keratin-infusion-30-day-smoothing-kit/.

72. Laura Says:

Written on September 30, 2013 at 7:22 am

I live in nj and the shampoo and conditioner is still being sold. I have used it for about a month and my hair is falling out BAD. I am getting really scared at the amount and I needed to figure out why, tonight I decided to google suave to see if anything came up.. My GOD am I relieved to know it’s not a health issue and I am not alone.. My hair is so thin :( my hair use to be so thick!!! I don’t want to be be bald.. Please someone help me find out more information about these products and how I can complain!!!!!

73. Dina Says:

Written on October 17, 2013 at 4:41 pm

I used this product in March of 2012…it utterly destroyed my hair! It took an entire year of trimming my hair every four weeks and daily hydrating treatments and weekly deep conditioning treatments, along with keeping my hair in a ponytail almost daily to hide the severe damage to my hair! After using the product my hair looked like it had been singed from the bottom up like I had leaned over an open flame!! DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!

74. kwear Says:

Written on October 17, 2013 at 9:19 pm

I read the instruction twice. My scalp started to feel weird after 15 minutes. I washed it out but it ruined my hair. It is like straw. Had to cut most of it off.

75. CDB Firm Says:

Written on October 18, 2013 at 2:52 am

Amy Davis of Christiansen Davis Bullock, LLC is the attorney handling cases for women who have alleged damages due to Suave’s Professionals Keratin 30 Day Smoothing Kit.

If you have purchased any of this product and are unsatisfied with the advertised results,please contact Amy at: http://cdbfirm.com/contact/

76. mary Says:

Written on October 18, 2013 at 3:34 am

Used the Suave Moroccan with Argan oil and my hair is falling out. It also made my hands dry, rough, and scaly. So afraid to use them any further. Just used twice. Hope my hair does not continue to fall out! Nasty stuff. What’s going on? Though Suave was always a safe company to rely upon. :(

77. Lisa Says:

Written on October 19, 2013 at 4:20 am

I used the leave on conditioner and loved the way it made my brittle hair feel. I couldn’t figure out what was causing my scalp to itch so much. Now my hair has thinned and it still burns and itches. I wonder if the same chemical is in both products. has anyone else had this problem??

78. Linda Says:

Written on October 23, 2013 at 8:35 am

Inside Edition is doing an editorial on how Suave damaged thousands of women’s hair! Contact them The producers name is Mr. Enock.
    Good Luck! Go..get ‘em what Suave did was SOOOOO Wrong!

79. VivianD says Says:

Written on October 23, 2013 at 10:26 pm

80. FashAddiX Says:

Written on October 24, 2013 at 2:08 am

Linda, thanks for sharing!

81. AprilDawn Says:

Written on October 25, 2013 at 5:27 am

Don’t know what to think now. It says the lawsuit is for the Suave Keratin 30 day Smoothing, and lists 2 ingredients that are supposed to be bad. But what about the Suave Keratin shampoo and conditioner. I see the shampoo has both ingredients in it, the conditioner has just the DMDM. I have super baby fine and thin hair. I’ve been using this shampoo/conditioner for at least 3 months. At first it was great, but now I’m worrying because my hair does seem to be more fragile and my scalp itches and breaks out.

82. FashAddiX Says:

Written on October 25, 2013 at 7:35 pm

April, to my knowledge there are 2 firms on the case as stated above. Am not sure if there are more.

83. E Joyce Goben Says:

Written on November 26, 2013 at 3:50 am

So now you are saying the SHAMPOO is doing it too?
    I use the Suave Professional Keratin Shampoo & haven’t had any problems, yet!

RSS feed for comments on this post. · TrackBack URL