High-heels do not only heighten your stature, it gives one the appearance of nice toned calves, a flatter stomach and better posture. There’s nothing we dread more than having women tell us they CAN’T walk in high heels. A true FashDiva needs to know how to walk and run in heels. Trust us, you’ll get there. The problem is women see those exaggerated extended heels and think to themselves, “I could never walk in those.” That’s the wrong mindset! It really is as easy as 1-2-3. The thing is NOT to be scared. If you can walk in those ugly as heck thick pumps, you CAN also walk in stilettos, you just don’t know it yet. The key is to TRY them. Sure, you will wobble, slip and grip the first few minutes, but then you’ll get the hang of it. Practice makes perfect and fashion isn’t an exception. Here are some pointers:
- Find shoes that are comfortable. If you want to start out with kitten heels (stilettos that are 1.5 inches or less) those horrid little things are a fine start. If you are feeling fierce, then go for the 2-3 inches ones instead, you will do fine!
- Make sure the shoes fit comfortably and that they are your exact width. Just because they are high doesn’t mean they have to kill your feet. If you like real comfortable shoes go for nubuck leather and comfy footbeds. Make sure they are non-slippery (and if they are you can always buy grips for them).
- Found the perfect shoes? Alright child, start walking! Don’t try to be TYRA BANKS in them. Neither fancy walks nor baby steps—walk NORMAL. Try it. After you’ve practice a bit you can try and show off in them for now just try getting used to them.
- Walk back and forth, pivot, and continue walking. Who cares if you look funny keeping your balance, this is way easier than learning how to roller-skate. Go on girl, we think you’ve got something here!
- Think you’ve got it? Now, here comes the HOT STUFF. Pretend you are Heidi Klum. Strut your living room catwalk girl! Pull those shoulders back, hold that head up high, strut, strut, strut! You are a winner not a beginner. Swing those hips, turn to the left, now turn to the right … you are a DIVA! It’s your world we’re just living in it!
Now back to reality, those things can break your neck! If you are ready to use them in real life, walk carefully. Avoid grass, concrete, grates, cracks, stones or drains, they are dangerous! Make sure you know where you are walking and always walk with confidence. It is essential that any and every woman learn how to walk in heels especially stilettos, which are so sexy. Besides, do you really want to be the only girl in flats at the party? Walking in heels isn’t as bad as you think, and when you try it, you’ll know what we’re talking about. Thank us later.
Until then…Stay Fashionable,